The mission of the Urban Prep Alumni Affairs Department is to provide a support system to Urban Prep alumni that culminates in the students’ success in college.
To support this mission, the department has designed the UP To and Through College Program. This program is a year-by-year plan that addresses the different challenges that students face between their final year of high school and their college graduation.
Urban Prep C.A.R.E.S. for and supports its alumni students in the following ways:
- Hold career services workshops
- Edit resumes and cover letters
- Follow up on academic progress
- Identify campus resources (i.e. academic advising and tutoring centers)
- Help identify scholarship, grant and loan opportunities
- Point students toward extracurricular activities, study abroad and other opportunities
Emotional & Social Support
- Communicate regularly with students via phone, email, social networking and campus visits
- Offer general advice and tips throughout the college experience